9.12.2005

The Bridges of Madison County


(...)
MICHAEL
No. No more secrets.

He kisses her hand. Betty is floored.

MICHAEL (cont'd)
Do I make you happy, Betty?
(she is stunned)
Because I want to. I want to more
than anything.

He gently kisses her cheek then embraces her. Betty -- for the
first time in her life -- is utterly speechless.

INT. JOHNSON BEDROOM

Wearing her mother's dress, Carolyn sits on the bed holding
the phone, waiting for Steve to pick up. In her other hand,
she holds the divorce lawyers card.

CAROLYN
(on the phone)
Hi, Steve? It's me. Good. You?...
Listen, we have to talk... Well,
how about you?... Uh, no -- I've
decided I'm going to stay for a
while... I don't know how long...
No, I won't be coming back...
I'm not angry, Steve. I'm not angry
at all.
(smiles)

CUT TO:

EXT. ROSEMAN BRIDGE - DAY

Michael and his family stand beside Carolyn and a Priest.

FRANCESCA (V.O.)
"I gave Lucy his photography book. If
you're interested, take a look. If my
words still leave something unclear,
perhaps his pictures can illuminate.
After all, that's what an artist does
best... "

Michael receives the urn from the priest. He and Carolyn walk
away from the group towards the bridge. They stop. Carolyn
removes the lip. Michael sets his mother's ashes free.

FRANCESCA (V.O.)
"I love you both with all my heart.
Do what you have to, to be happy in
this life. There is so much beauty."



THE END

1 Comments:

Blogger CLÁUDIA said...

Gostei muito do livro e do filme. Mas ainda mais do livro. Fica mais ao nosso critério no livro imaginarmos os cenários como quisermos e criarmos as nossas próprias imagens.

Beijinho ***

12:40 da manhã  

Enviar um comentário

<< Home